A strong vision is arguably the most important thing needed to reach your goals and attain success, no matter what success means to you.
The late, great Muhammad Ali, knew this and shared it with the world with his famous quote "What you're thinking is what you're becoming". Later in life he reflected on his success in his book The Soul of a Butterfly: Reflections on Life's Journey, and re-articulated it "If my mind can conceive it, and my heart can believe it - then I can achieve it". If "The Greatest of All Time" put so much weight on his vision, it serves to show that a strong vision is very powerful indeed.
Your vision is a picture of your perfect life. It will guide your subconscious decisions to keep on the path toward your aspirations and dreams. To create a strong vision, answer the following questions from the perspective of your ideal life - your perfect world.
- What does success and greatness mean to you?
- What is important to you?
- What are your family & friends like?
- What is your net worth?
- How much do you contribute to causes important to you?
- What causes are important to you?
- Where and how often do you travel?
- What leisure activities do you partake in?
- How active, fit and healthy are you?
- How do you want to be remembered?
When answering these questions, let yourself dream BIG. Create a vision that is beyond what you might think is possible in this moment. Think freely and let your thoughts flow.
Then go find some pictures of things that you want online or in magazines, and search your pictures for things important to you like family and friends.
Once you have answered the questions and compiled some images...
- Create your personal Life Vision Statement - simply turn the answers above into something you can read and review daily.
- Create a vision board - take some of the most impactful statements and add them along with the pictures you've gathered to a bulletin board, large picture frame, or ezIQ's My Compass.
Now that you've spent this effort, be sure to read and review your vision and vision board DAILY. Let the statements and imagery become part of your subconscious, so that you make decision that will direct you toward your vision.